What you'll need:
How to make your Lucky Hundred Sock Darts Game
- 5 plastic containers
- Small pieces of brightly colored cardstock
- 3 old socks (make sure there are no holes in the toes!)
- 3 rubber bands
- 1 ½ cups rice
- Large Ziploc bag
- Piece of paper and pencil to keep score
- Trace the bottom of the containers onto five different colored pieces of cardstock and cut out. Write the numbers 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 on the pieces of cardstock and decorate, if desired. Glue them to the bottom of the plastic containers so that the numbers are facing up. Allow the glue to dry. (see photos)
- Once the glue is dry, your Lucky Hundred Sock Darts Game is ready to use. To make the sock darts, decorate the socks with markers. Fill each of the three socks with one half cup of rice. Wrap a rubber band securely around the sock. (see photos)
- To play the game gather at least one other friend. Place the Lucky Hundred Sock Darts Game plastic containers on the ground, one foot apart. Stand back three feet (you can adjust this distance depending on the age of the children, their abilities, or the amount of space you have). Decide who will go first. The first person takes all three sock darts and tosses them, one at a time. If the player lands in one of the containers, he or she gets that many points. For example, if you land in the container marked “30,” then thirty points would be added to your score. After the first player tosses all three darts, add up the total score. If the total score is exactly one hundred, then the player receives an additional one hundred points. Continue taking turns until all players have gone. The player with the highest score is the winner. Multiple rounds can be played if time allows.
- When not in use, store the game pieces in the large Ziploc bag.
- Gather your friends and try your luck to see if you can get exactly one hundred points!
Please add a comment