Sponge Paint Fireworks Craft
Sparkling red, white and blue fireworks in the night sky are our familyís favorite part of any 4th of July celebration. This year we created our own fireworks craft using a sponge and some glitter glue! This is a very simple 4th of July crafts for kids and one that gets asked for again and again.
What you'll need:
How to make your Sponge Paint Fireworks Craft:
- Fireworks Template
- Glitter paint (red, white and blue)
- Paint brush
**Notes: We used white paper when working with regular glitter glue b/c there isnít much color to the glue and it was hard to see on black paper. As an alternative, you could use regular paint and then sprinkle some glitter on top while still wet. We also used a new product for this craft (paint with bits) and that showed up beautifully on black paper.
- Print our template and cut the piece out. Trace the firework onto a kitchen sponge.
- Cut the sponge according to the template. Note: it is much easier to cut a slightly damp sponge than one that is completely dry!
- Squeeze some glitter glue onto the sponge and spread it evenly with your paint brush.
- Press the sponge down on the paper and lift up. Repeat!
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at