Letter D Duck Craft
Our toddler daughter loves it when we turn letters into animals, and this Letter D duck craft has been her favorite one so far. She thought it was especially funny that our duck said “d-d-d-d-d” (the letter d sound) instead of quack! This alphabet craft is a great way to introduce children to the letters of the alphabet and to the sounds the letters make. In addition, this letter D duck craft is adorable and simple to make.
What you'll need:
How to make your letter D duck craft:
- Letter D Duck Template
- Yellow and orange construction paper
- Glue stick
- Two googly eyes (optional)
- Print our template and cut the pieces out.
- Trace two feet pieces and the beak onto orange paper and the rest of the pieces onto yellow paper. Cut all of the pieces out (including the middle part out of the D).
- Turn the letter D on its side (round side down).
- Glue the circle piece (head) to one end of the D as shown.
- Glue the duck’s beak onto its head and either glue on the googly eyes or draw them on with a marker or crayons.
- Glue the orange feet to the bottom of the duck.
- If you want, outline the leftover part of the letter D with black crayon or marker to make it stand out a bit. Then glue it onto the body as a wing.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at