Styrofoam Mouse Craft
Turn a styrofoam egg into a mouse in our styrofoam mouse craft! A little paint and a few pipe cleaners are all you need to make this fun farm craft. This craft is much better suited to an older child (younger children will most likely just get frustrated with this one!).
What you'll need:
How to make your Handprint Chicken Craft:
- Styrofoam egg
- Serated knife (adults only)
- Gray paint
- Foam paint brush
- 2 googly eyes
- Black pipe cleaners
- Adults** cut a little bit off the bottom of the egg (when laid on its side) so that it lays still.
- Paint the egg gray and set it aside to dry.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half and stick it in the fatter end of the egg to be the tail.
- Glue two googly eyes onto the thin end of the egg.
- Cut a pipe cleaner to get 2 sections that are ~1 inch long. Bend each piece in half and stick in the egg behind the eyes to be ears.
- Cut a small piece of pipe cleaner and stick it in the tip of the egg to be a nose.
- Cut 4 small pieces of pipe cleaner and stick two pieces on each side of the nose to be whiskers.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at