What you'll need:
How to make your bulletin board craft:
- Cardboard (12 inches by 12 inches)
- Tacks with flat heads
- Fabric (14 inches by 14 inches)
- Decorations for the tacks (buttons, stickers, gems, pom-poms, etc.)
- If necessary, cut the cardboard to the appropriate twelve inches by twelve inches size. Cut the fabric to the appropriate fourteen inches by fourteen inches size. Lay the fabric with the pattern facing down and center the cardboard on top of the fabric. (see photos).
- Place a thin line of glue along the edge of the cardboard. Fold the fabric over and press down. Allow the glue to dry. If you have trouble keeping the fabric down, place clothespins along the edge to act as clamps. (see photos)
- Cut a piece of ribbon, seven inches long and fold it in half. Glue both ends to the top center of the back of the bulletin board. This is how you will hang your bulletin board up. If you would prefer your bulletin board to lean against a desk or wall, skip this step. (see photos)
- Once the glue is completely dry, turn your bulletin board over and decorate with ribbon by wrapping ribbons around the edges and corners. Glue the ends of the ribbon to the back of the bulletin board and allow it to dry completely. (see photos)
- Decorate your bulletin board with additional beads, buttons, foam shapes, and any other desired decorations. Make sure that you leave room to hang things on your bulletin board. Allow the glue to dry. (see photos)
- Your bulletin board is now ready to use. Make the fun tacks described below to jazz it up!
- How to make your Tacks:
Using buttons, beads, pom-poms, stickers, or any other small objects, place a small drop of glue on the head of a tack and adhere the object to it. Allow the glue to dry completely before use! (see photos)
Please add a comment