Styrofoam Spider Craft
Our styrofoam spider craft is a great bug craft for kids! With all the great textures involved in this Styrofoam Spider your kids
are sure to want to make one for themselves. Make it as part of a lesson on spiders, as
a puppet to sing spider themed songs with (like itsy bitsy
spider), or as a great Halloween decoration!
What you'll need:
How to make your Styrofoam Spider:
- 3" styrofoam ball
- 4 black pipe cleaners
- Black craft paint
- Red 3-D paint
- 2 large googly eyes
- Serrated knife
- Paint brush (the foam kind work best)
- Use the serrated knife to cut a small piece off the bottom of the styrofoam ball so that it sits flat.
- Paint the ball black and set aside to dry.
- Cut each pipe cleaner in half and bend slightly in the middle.
Insert 4 "legs" on one side of the spider and 4 legs on the other.
- Use the red 3-D paint to paint a smile on the spider's face.
- Push the large googly eyes down into the top of the styrofoam ball
to make an indent. Remove the eyes, add glue and place back in the
- OPTIONAL: Use a large quilting needle or something similar (we've found that a barbeque skewer works well) and make
a thin hole through the body of the spider. Thread a piece of
string through the hole and knot on the bottom of the spider to keep the
string from pulling back through the hole. Tie the top of the
string to a tree or elsewhere in your house as decoration.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at