Hand and Footprint Mother's Day Card
Handprints and footprints make some of our favorite Mother’s Day crafts. Our kids are small for such a short time that it’s nice to have a way to remember it. This Mother’s Day craft is a simple paper craft that easily transforms their prints into a happy butterfly that is sure to make Mom smile. We used "Flappy Mother’s Day!" as our card saying because the intended mom is a bit silly, but we also kicked around using “You make my heart soar” and "Thank you for helping me fly".
What you'll need:
How to make your Hand and Mother's Day Handprint Butterfly Card:
- Construction paper
- Trace your child’s handprint onto construction paper and cut out four copies of it.
- Trace your child’s footprint onto construction paper and cut it out.
- Glue the handprints to the footprint, two on each side to make wings.
- Glue the butterfly to a full sheet of construction paper.
- Add small rectangles for antennae.
- Have your child draw on a face and decorate the butterfly as they wish. We used stickers.
- Write "Flappy Mother's Day" on the card and have your child sign their name.
Please add a comment