Lucky Rainbow Mobile Craft
You can teach your child the order of the rainbow colors, along with the legend of finding gold at the end of a rainbow. Your child will enjoy painting, glittering, and embellishing the rainbow and the gold doubloons, as well as making a big, fluffy cloud out of cotton balls! This mobile looks great hanging near a window, where the gold can reflect the sunlight.
What you'll need:
How to make your rainbow mobile craft
- Construction paper in rainbow colors
- Embroidery hoop
- Scissors & glue/glue gun
- Hole punch
- Cotton balls
- Gold paint or glitter
- Sequins or other embellishments
- Cut 8-12 circles out of cardboard, punch a hole in the top of each one, and paint/glitter them gold.
- Cut strips of each color of paper, approximately 1/2in. wide. The strips should be long enough to arch across your hoop as desired. Embellish the strips using sequins, stickers, glitter, etc.
- Take the hoop apart into 2 rings. For each gold doubloon, tie one end of a string to the hole and the other end to the OUTSIDE ring of the hoop. Space them evenly around the hoop.
- Attach a string for hanging by tying the ends of it to opposite sides of the outside ring.
- Glue one end of each rainbow strip to the outer surface of the INSIDE ring of the hoop, overlapping slightly as shown.
- Glue the other ends in the same manner, on the opposite side of the hoop.
- Reassemble the two rings of the hoop.
- Glue cotton balls around the outside of the hoop.
- Hint: To keep mobile from tipping over, hot glue a quarter to the underside of the hoop, opposite the metal bracket, to weight it evenly.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at