Snow Measuring Stick Craft
How deep is the snow? Have the kids guess at how deep it is and then
measure it with our snow measuring stick! This stick is a great winter
craft for kids and will even get them talking about measurements! It is also a
beautiful addition to your winter landscape!
What you'll need:
How to make your Snow Measuring Stick Craft
- Wooden stake (available at most craft stores)
- Wooden snowflake cut-outs, various sizes
- Blue and silver craft paint
- White 3-D paint
- Blue and silver glitter paint
- Tape measure or ruler
- Paint brushes
- Paint the wooden stake blue and set aside to dry. This will
most likely take 2 coats.
- Paint your snowflakes silver and set aside to dry.
- For the big snowflake, outline the piece in silver glitter paint,
then do an inner line of blue glitter paint, then fill in the inner part
of the snowflake with more silver glitter paint.
- For the little snowflakes, squeeze a little silver glitter paint
onto each one and then brush the paint around to get a nice even
- Use your tape measure to mark out 1 inch increments on your blue
stake. Go back over these numbers with white 3-D paint so that
they stand out.
- Glue the large snowflake to the top of the stick and glue the
smaller snowflakes along the stick for decoration.
- Place outside and wait for snow!
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at