Kids Dolphin Craft
This kids dolphin craft is a great way to get your children's imaginations working. Recycle an empty milk carton into a great ocean scene, then add a cute dolphin that jumps out of the water. This ocean animal craft is made with very simple materials that you most likely already have in your home. It is a little more involved though, so it would be better suited for an older child unless you do a good bit of prep work to make it more "friendly" for a younger child.
What you'll need:
How to make your kids dolphin craft:
- Milk carton (quart sized)
- Construction paper: blue, brown, green, gray
- Dolphin Template
- Popsicle stick
- Scotch tape
- Blue crayon
- Cut the top off of the milk carton so that you are left with a rectangular box.
- Lay the box on it's long side. Cut a slit along the top of the box and the bottom of the box (this is where you will put the popsicle stick when the craft is complete).
- Wrap the entire box wtih blue construction paper. The easiest way we found to do this was to cut a piece of construction paper big enough to wrap around both ends (wrap as you would wrap a present). Then wrap a full piece of paper around the whole box which covers the wrap jobs at the ends.
- Use scissors to cut through the construction paper over each of the slits.
- Cut a strip of brown construction paper that is slightly wavy to use as the bottom of the ocean. Glue into place on the box.
- Cut green construction paper into some water plants and glue onto the ocean bottom.
- Color the popsicle stick blue.
- Print out our dolphin template. Cut the dolphin out and glue to the popsicle stick.
- Put the popsicle stick into the slit in the box. If your popsicle stick is to short to effictively move the dophin around, tape two sticks together to get the extra height.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at