Homemade Birthday Card with Candles
Make this homemade birthday card with candles that actually pop up when you open it! This awesome homemade birthday card was a Pap-pap special who came up with this one and did with our toddler daughter. She had a great time and we just thought it was so creative and fun! Kids always like to make a birthday card for mom, dad, a sibling or a friend. Kids can definately help make this fun birthday card craft which is sure to be a hit with whoever receives it. Our daughter was able to help cut and decorate (especially the sprinkles on the candles) and she had fun watching it be opened too.
What you'll need:
How to make your Candles Birthday Card:
- Cardstock or thick construction paper
- Glue stick
- Decorative paper
- Sprinkles, stickers and whatever else you want to use to decorate your card
- Cut a piece of cardstock paper about 6 inches wide by about 11 inches long.
- Lay the paper flat and then pinch the paper in the middle up about an inch and glue the fold together so you end up with the flap you see on the card in the picture.
- Cut out rectangles from the paper to be the base of the candles.
- Cut out flame shapes to be the tops of the candles.
- Glue bases of candles to the flap and then glue the candle tops the bases.
- Decorate the candles. We used candy sprinkles to make the flames because our daughter loves sprinkles!
- Cut decorative paper strips for extra decoration around the card and glue into place.
- Write your own message on the inside and outside. For the outside, close the card away from you to put the message on the front, so that when it is opened the candles pop up.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at