Foam American Flag
A fun and easy Foam American Flag craft. These are great for kids to wave during a parade and if you make multiple flags
it's a great way to decorate for the 4th of July! They look great in a flower bed or as a centerpiece for your
Fourth of July party. This is a fun and simple craft that your kids will get a kick out of.
What you'll need:
How to make your American Foam Flag:
- Wooden dowel
- White 3-D paint
- Craft Foam in red, white, and blue
- Cut a piece of white foam 6 1/2" wide and 4"tall.
- Cut a piece of blue foam 2 3/4" wide and 2 1/4" tall.
- Cut 4 pieces of red foam, one 5" long and 3/4" tall, one 5"x1/2", one 2 3/4"x 3/4", one 2 3/4"x1/2".
- Leave approximately 1 inch of white foam uncovered on the left side. Glue the red and blue foam pieces to the
white background so that it looks like the flag.
- Use the 3-D paing to add the stars to the blue piece. *Note* It is hard to fit all 50 stars on such a small
flag so we just added as many as would fit!
- Use the pen and poke a 4 small holes up the left side of the flag (this is why you left an inch blank earlier).
- Weave your wooden dowel through the holes.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at