Letter H Horse Craft
The letter H is for horse, or in this letter H horse craft, the letter H IS the horse! This fun letter craft is perfect to make with your younger crafters and a fun way to introduce the letter H and the alphabet sound it makes. Our daughter loved making her horse and thought it was funny when we told her that her horse loved to laugh instead of neigh because he said "ha-ha-ha-ha" all day long! Our letter H horse craft makes a great addition to a letter of the week series or as just a standalone craft.
What you'll need:
How to make your letter H horse craft:
- Print our Letter H Horse Template and cut the pieces out. Trace all of the pieces onto brown construction paper, except for the hooves which should go on black. Cut out your pieces.
- Glue the hooves onto the bottoms of the letter H "legs".
- Glue the head on to the top part of the letter H. Use a marker to draw on a smile and glue on a googly eye and the ears.
- Cut the brown yarn so you have even pieces. Glue these onto the letter H behind the horseís head to make a mane.
- Cut a few more pieces of brown yarn, slightly longer than before, to turn into a tail. Our daughter (age 2) got frustrated at trying to glue down all the pieces of yarn because they didnít look right to her. So instead we tied the pieces together at the top with an extra piece of yarn to make a premade tail. She was much happier gluing this on. Either way will work so pick what works best for your child.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at