Toddler Fish Craft
This is a simple, yet fun fish craft for toddlers. We made this fish with our toddler and she loved it! Just use our simple fish template and then let your toddler decorate it using their imagination. This makes a great preschool craft or one you can do at home with your toddler on a rainy day.
What you'll need:
How to make your toddler fish craft:
- Craft foam
- Paint pens (Elmers makes a washable variety)
- Various "gems" and buttons (sold in bulk packs in craft stores)
- Paint brush (optional)
- Fish Template
- Print our fish template and cut it out. Trace the template onto craft foam and cut out your fish. (We tried this on construction paper and the amount of paint and gems used by the average toddler is too much for it!)
- Let your child paint the fish with the paint pens, by either "writing" with the paint pen or by squeezing out a pile of paint and swishing it around with a paint brush.
- Let your child add on gems and buttons to the paint. The paint will act as glue for the decorations.
- Use the paint pens to draw on eyes and a smile
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at