Paper Bag Whale Craft
This paper bag whale craft is our second attempt at a paper bag craft. This ocean craft does take a little bit of effort to get the pieces put together so it may not be the ideal craft for a very young child or for one that gets frustrated easily (we have a great sock whale craft if you need an alternative).
What you'll need:
How to make your kids whale craft:
- Two small brown paper bags
- Two googly eyes
- Blue crayon
- Blue pipe cleaner
- Use your crayon and color both brown paper bags blue.
- To make tail: crumple some newspaper and one of the paper bags halfway full. Tie the bag shut with some string.
- To make the head: use your scissors to cut a slit in the bottom of the bag and a little bit up each side to create a mouth.
- Place the loose end of the "tail" bag into the large opening (not your cut-out) of the "head" bag. Gather the head bag around the tail bag and use string to tie the head bag shut tightly around the tail bag.
- Glue a googly eye on each side of the whale's head.
- Cut the pipe cleaner into thirds and poke the pieces through the top of the whale's head to look like water.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at