Father's Day Peanut Jar Craft
A little construction paper turns an ordinary mason jar into an adorable Fatherís day craft for kids to make. Simply print our template and let your kids decorate the peanut. Then glue this personalized peanut to a jar filled with peanuts (or other nuts) and you have a great homemade Fatherís Day gift for Dad or Grandpa. This Fatherís day craft is simple enough for even a young child to do!
What you'll need:
How to make your Father's Day Peanut Jar Craft:
- Printable peanut template
- Mason jar (we actually found ours at the craft store, but the grocery store typically has them also)
- Brown construction paper
- Crayons and markers
- 2 googly eyes
- Glue (we used glue dots for this craft, but regular glue will work as well)
- Ribbon (optional)
- Peanuts or other nuts to fill the jar.
- Wash and dry the mason jar.
- Print our template and cut the peanut out. Trace onto brown construction paper and cut the piece out.
- Glue on the two googly eyes.
- Use crayons or markers to decorate your peanut. We used a brown crayon to add the grid pattern to our peanut and a red one to draw on a smile. Let your child be creative!
- Write ďIím nuts about you Dad!Ē on the peanut (or you could write this on the jar itself with a sharpee marker).
- Glue the peanut onto the jar. This was the perfect setting for using Glue Dots. We recently started using this product and we are big, big fans.
- Fill the jar with peanuts and screw on the lid.
- If youíd like, wrap a ribbon around the top of the jar as a finishing touch.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at