Popsicle Stick Puzzle Art
Create this unique puzzle to entertain a little one. The extra large pieces are ideal for a young child just learning to put a puzzle together! This craft will inspire youngsters to doodle and sketch their own unique design. The Popsicle stick puzzle will encourage children to use problem solving techniques to put it back together and will even reinforce counting from one to ten!
What you'll need:
- 10 jumbo popsicle sticks
- masking tape
- 1 rubber band
How to make your Popsicle Stick Puzzle Art:
- Take your Popsicle sticks and line them up side to side. (see photo)
- With a crayon, on one side of the Popsicle sticks, number each Popsicle stick from one to ten. (see photo)
- On the same side, place a strip of masking tape on one side of the Popsicle sticks so that there are no spaces in between the Popsicle sticks. Repeat on the other side. (see photo)
- With the masking tape still attached, flip over the Popsicle sticks and a draw a picture. Encourage children to fill as much of the Popsicle sticks with as many colors as they can. (see photo)
- Once the picture is complete, flip the Popsicle sticks back over and remove the masking tape.
- To complete the puzzle, place the Popsicle sticks with the picture side up and shuffle them. If you get stuck, use the numbers on the back to put the Popsicle sticks in order!
- Wrap a rubber band around the Popsicle sticks to store.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at