Astronaut Helmet Craft
Pretending to be an astronaut was one of our favorite childhood games, so itís no wonder that itís high on our daughterís list as well. This astronaut helmet craft for kids is easy to put together and leads to great pretend play. This astronaut craft is a simple space craft for kids and is great for a rainy day project.
What you'll need:
How to make the Astronaut Helmet Craft
- Poster board (could use lightweight cardboard as well)
- Construction paper
- Astronaut Helmet Template
- Stickers, markers, crayons, etc.
- Print our astronaut helmet template. Cut it out and trace onto a piece of poster board. Cut the helmet piece out.
- Let your child decorate the helmet however they would like.
- Cut a strip of construction paper that is 2-3 inches wide. You may need to tape two strips together to get the right length if necessary. Staple the construction paper strip to each side of the helmet, fitting it to your childís head so it will stay on.
Note: Generally we donít like using staples on kid crafts, but tape just doesnít cut it here. Because we err on the side of caution, after stapling the strip on, we covered over the staples with a piece of tape to make sure there were no pokey parts.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at