Thanksgiving Styrofoam Turkey Craft
We love turkey crafts around our house at Thanksgiving, so we're always looking for different materials to make them out of.
This Thanksgiving Styrofoam Turkey Craft is definitely unique and makes a fantastic Thanksgiving decoration! The different
textures of the styrofoam egg and the pipe cleaners are great for keeping your children's attention. This is a great craft
for older children, as younger children don't usually have the patience and ability to deal with the pipe cleaners.
What you'll need:
How to make your Thanksgiving Styrofoam Turkey Craft:
- A 2 13/16" X 3 7/8" styrofoam egg
- Brown paint
- 2 googly eyes
- Pipe Cleaners: 2 red, 2 orange, 1 yellow
- Paint brush
- Serrated knife
- Use a serated knife to carve the very bottom off the styrofoam egg so it will sit up.
- Paint the egg brown and let it dry. (tip: setting the egg on a dixie cup is a great way to let the egg dry)
- Glue two googly eyes onto the egg.
- To make the feathers, cut a pipe cleaner in half, twist the ends together to make
a feather shape and insert into the back of the egg. Make 2-3 "feathers" of each color.
- Cut a small piece of an orange pipe cleaner off and insert under the googly eyes for a beak.
- Cut a small piece of a red pipe cleaner and insert as a waddle next to the beak.
- Cut an orange pipe cleaner into quarters. Take two of the pieces and bend in half and insert into the bottom
of the egg as feet.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at