Styrofoam Reindeer Craft
Our styrofoam reindeer craft is a fun craft for kids to do using some
different materials like styrofoam and pipe cleaners which have great textures.
The addition of a jingle bell collar makes this craft even cuter! When set
next to the styrofoam Santa craft, this craft makes a fantastic Christmas
decoration for your mantel.
What you'll need:
How to make your Styrofoam Reindeer Craft
- Large styrofoam egg
- Brown paint
- Paint brush
- Serrated knife
- 4 light brown pipe cleaners
- 2 googly eyes
- 1 red pom pom
- Green felt
- Red 3-D paint
- Jingle bells
- Use the serrated knife to cut a small section off the top of the egg
so that when it is turned upside down it will sit flat.
- Paint the egg brown and set it aside to dry.
- To make an antler, lay one pipe cleaner on a flat surface
horizontally and lay a second pipe cleaner on top of it vertically to
form a "T" shape. Twist the horizontal pipe cleaner around the
vertical one pulling a bit so that the horizontal pieces angle slightly
up. Repeat this for the other antler.
- Insert the antlers on the top of the styrofoam egg (the larger end
of the egg).
- Glue two googly eyes onto the styrofoam egg.
- Glue the red pom pom under the eyes.
- Use the red 3-D paint to paint a smile on the egg under the nose.
- Cut a strip of green felt that is approximately 1 inch wide and long
enough to wrap around the base of the egg. Glue it into place.
- Glue jingle bells on the green felt piece.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at