Styrofoam Santa Craft
This styrofoam Santa craft was created because we needed a new homemade
Christmas decoration for our mantel! Coupled with the styrofoam reindeer
craft it's a fantastic decoration. With a a styrofoam ball, felt, cotton
balls, paint and glue your kids can make this great Christmas craft too!
What you'll need:
How to make your Styrofoam Santa Craft
- Medium sized styrofoam ball
- Cotton balls
- Craft paint: white and flesh colored
- White and pink pom poms
- 2 googly eyes
- 1 full sheets of red felt
- Paint brush
- Serrated knife
- Use the serrated knife to cut a small portion off one end of the
ball so that it sits still.
- Paint the majority of the styrofoam ball white. Paint a
portion of the ball flesh-colored in a "U" shape for Santa's face.
- To make the hat, grab a corner of the felt piece and loosely wrap
the sheet of felt into a cone. The base of the cone should be
large enough to sit on Santa's head (with enough excess felt to allow
you to glue it securely to the styrofoam ball). Glue a white pom
pom to the tip of the hat.
- Glue a line of white pom poms along the base of the hat.
- Glue cotton balls around the "face" portion of the styrofoam ball.
Continue gluing cotton balls around the entire ball.
- Glue two googly eyes on the face. Cut a cotton ball in half
and glue each half over one eye as eyebrows.
- Glue on a pink pom pom under the eyes as a nose. (*Tip: I
found that the pom pom was a little too big and fuzzy to be the nose on
it's own. I cut away some of the fuzz of the pom pom and it ended
up looking a bit better).
- Stretch out a cotton ball and glue it under the nose as a mustache.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at