T is for Turkey Craft
T is for turkey and using some construction paper, glue and our provided template you can create a turkey out of the letter T. This T is for turkey craft is a wonderful addition to letter of the week crafts, but we made our T-Turkey to prepare for Thanksgiving. Our preschooler had a blast creating the turkey while we talked about the sound the letter T makes. We made this with both of our daughters and added an extra element for our younger one to encourage her to follow directions as well.
What you'll need:
How to make your letter t turkey craft:
- Print our template and cut the pieces out. Trace the letter T on brown construction paper, and make 5-7 feathers on red, orange and yellow. Cut the pieces out.
- Cut a peanut-shape out of red construction paper for the gobbler and triangles out of orange for the beak and feet.
* The next step depends on the age/ability of your child. Our seven year old was more than able to assemble the feathers of her turkey and put the T on top to create the finished Turkey with very little assistance. Our three year old gets frustrated if the finished product doesn’t turn out “right”, but also doesn’t want too much hands-on help. For her, we laid the feather out on the blue paper ahead of time and lightly traced the tops of the feathers to create a “template” for her to follow. This way she was able to position the feathers, more or less accurately, without too much help. There are pictures of this included on the side.
- Glue down a few feathers onto the blue piece of construction paper.
- Glue the letter T on top of the feathers.
- Glue the eyes, beak, gobbler and feet onto the letter T.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at