Cereal Box and Gift Bag Notebooks
Get your child excited for school by creating the Gift Bag and Cereal Box Notebooks! With only a few basic materials and simple instructions, children of all ages can make this craft. Once the notebook is made, children can design the notebook in a unique way. Once you have made these notebooks, your children will never want the spiral bound store notebooks again!
What you'll need:
How to make your cereal box and gift bag notebooks:
- 1 cereal box, liner removed
- 1 small gift bag (3 inches by 5 inches)
- Lined loose-leaf paper
- Markers or crayons
- Using scissors, cut off the top flap, right panel and bottom of the cereal box. (see photos).
- Lay the cereal box flat. Smooth it and then fold it in half to form your notebook. (see photos)
- Take a small stack of loose-leaf and place it along the crease in the cereal box. Take the stapler and staple along the crease, one half inch from the left side of the cereal box. Make sure that the paper is securely in the notebook when you open it up. To make your notebook easy to write in, fold over the stapled side along the natural crease in the cereal box. (see photos)
- Open up your gift bag and cut along the middle crease on the right side of the bag. (see photos)
- Unbind the bottom of the gift bag and lay it completely flat. (see photos)
- Fold the bottom flap up and tape it into place. (see photos)
- Push the left panel together so that it creases, fold over, and tape down. (see photos)
- Take a small stack of paper and cut it in half. Fold the paper in half and staple along the crease. (see photos)
- Spread some glue on the front of the first page of loose-leaf and press it face down on the left side of the gift bag, folding over the small flap left over from when the right side of the bag was cut open. Glue the flap down. (see photos)
- Turn the paper over and spread glue along the back of the last page. Fold the small right side panel over and glue down. Close your Gift Bag Notebook and press down to flatten. Allow the glue to dry completely. (see photos)
- If desired, use markers, crayons, stickers, or any other desired decorations to decorate your notebook. For a fun touch, leave the gift tag on the gift bag and write your name on the gift tag!
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at