Rudolf the Reindeer Gift Bag Craft
We came up with this cute Rudolph the Reindeer gift bag as a way to package a homemade ornament and a gift card present to our daughter’s preschool teacher a few years back. It was a great way to add an extra personal touch to the gift, especially using handprint antlers. "Thank you for guiding the way" was the perfect saying for this homemade teacher gift, as that was exactly what she had done for our daughter.
What you'll need:
How to make your Rudolph the Reindeer gift bag craft
- Rudolph the Reindeer gift bag template
- Brown paper lunch bag
- Stiff brown felt (recommended, but brown construction paper will do in a pinch
- Construction paper
- Glue stick
- Red cardstock (optional)
- Red glitter paint, or white glue and red glitter
- Paint brush
- Print our template and cut out the pieces. Trace the larger oval piece onto brown construction paper, the small black eyes onto black paper and the eye pieces and round nose onto white construction paper. Cut the pieces out.
- The round nose needs to be a glittery red when you are done. We ran out of red glitter paint, so we opted for painting the nose with white glue and then using a very generous sprinkling of red glitter. Set this aside to dry.
- Glue the brown oval piece to the front of the bag. Glue the white eye pieces and black pupil pieces to the bag as shown.
- Trace your child’s hand onto either brown construction paper or brown felt. We chose the brown felt because we wanted the hands to stick up instead of droop over. If you don’t have felt, just staple the hands on a little lower on the bag!
- Either print or write out the saying “Thank you for guiding the way!” We used red cardstock and a fancy font, but anything will work here.
- When the nose is dry, glue it onto the front of the bag as shown.
- Fill your bag with your gift.
- Fold the top of the bag over. Hold the handprints in position and staple through them to seal the bag.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at