Paper Inchworm Craft for Kids
We recently read a story about inchworms so I thought it would be a fun bug craft for our daughter to do. Problem was that all the inchworm crafts I found were way too complicated for her to do (or help with) or required staples or other things that didn't seem safe. So our paper inchworm craft for kids was created! Our daughter thought this insect craft was great and it would make a great spring craft for kids as well.
What you'll need:
How to make your Paper Inch Worm
- White and green construction paper
- Red marker or crayon
- Hole punch
- Green pipecleaner
- 2 googly eyes
- Scotch tape
- Cut a few strips of green construction paper that are 3-4 inches wide and 6 inches long.
- Tape the end of one of the strips to the white piece of paper. Gently push the front edge of the strip back to create a bump and then tape the frong edge of the strip down.
- Repeat this process two more times, each time overlapping the back edge of the new strip over the front edge of the old strip. This will create the body of the inchworm.
- With the last strip, tape it into a ring. Punch two holes in the top of the ring and insert half of a pipe cleaner into each hole. Glue two googly eyes to the front of the ring and draw a smile on the inchworm's face.
- Tape the ring so that it overlaps the final section of the body.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at