Milk Carton Easter Bunny Basket Craft
This Easter basket craft is a great Easter craft for kids. Not only is this bunny basket craft cute, but it’s a fun way to recycle an empty cardboard milk carton as well. Our included template and a little bit of felt and glue finish off this cute Easter craft and your kids will be very proud of what they created. This homemade basket is perfect for younger kids to take to a small Easter egg hunt, or a more personal way to give Easter candy or gifts to someone special.
What you'll need:
How to make your Milk Carton Easter Bunny Basket:
- Cardboard milk carton (we used a half gallon size)
- White and pink felt
- Milk carton bunny basket template
- White stiff felt
- Cotton ball
- Googly eyes
- Black marker
- Scotch tape
- Have an adult cut the milk carton in half (give or take). Recycle the top half – you need the bottom half.
- Cut a strip of white felt that is wide enough to cover the sides of the carton (no need to do the bottom) and long enough to wrap the whole way around. Glue the felt onto the carton. *Note: we used scotch tape to help adhere the felt to the carton while the glue dried to save time.
- Print our template and cut the pieces out. Trace the pieces onto the felt and cut the pieces out. Make sure to use the stiff white felt for the ear pieces or your ears will be quite floppy (which may actually turn out pretty cute!).
- Use scotch tape to stick the ears onto the inside of the milk carton.
- Glue the googly eyes and nose on to the carton. Use the marker to draw on a mouth and whiskers.
- Glue the cotton ball onto the back of the carton as a tail.
- Cut a strip of stiff felt (about 2-3 inches wide) to use as a handle. Glue the handle to the inside of the basket and then use some scotch tape to give it a bit more support to it stays put. Make sure you let the basket dry completely before handing it over to your kids to play with.
Please add a comment