Father's Day Rocket Card
We wanted to create a card/picture craft for Father’s day that would let our daughter really be creative, so it would be that much more meaningful to her Dad when he looks back on it in a few years. It also incorporates your child’s handprint! This cute Father’s Day craft was the answer. Use our template to print out the rocket and add a photo of your child(ren). Then let your kids decorate the scene however they would like – use markers, stickers, craft foam etc. This is a great Father’s Day craft for kids of all ages to make.
What you'll need:
How to make your Father's Day Rocket Card:
- Printable Rocket Template
- Small photo of your child or children
- Scotch tape
- Stickers (stars are handy here), sequins, craft foam, etc.
- Markers or crayons
- Construction paper (black, red, yellow, etc.)
- Print our template and cut out the pieces. Trace the rocket onto construction paper and cut it out. Cut the hole out of the rocket. If you need room for more than one photo, use the cut out hole as a template to cut out more.
- Trace your child’s handprint onto red or orange construction paper and cut it out. You need two handprints. If you have more than one child making this picture you could do each child’s in a different color.
- Tape the photos onto the back of the rocket. Tape or glue the handprints onto the bottom of the rocket. If it looks odd, only use the middle three fingers.
- Glue the rocket onto a piece of black construction paper. Glue the moon on as well.
- Use a white crayon to write “I love you to the moon and back!” or “Dad, you’re out of this world” on the picture and have the kids sign their names.
- Let the kids decorate the picture. We used sequins on the rocket and star stickers for the night sky.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at