Peek-a-BOO Ghost Craft
This peek-a-BOO ghost craft is a fantastic Halloween craft for kids that was inspired by our daughter. The happy ghost (on a popsicle stick) pops up out of his decorated cup to say "boo!". Our daughter enjoyed the "ghost on a stick" concept so much that we ended up making a bunch of them and they were ghost puppets! This is a great Halloween craft for preschoolers as the materials are fun and engaging and the end product is a toy. With a little prep-work, this craft can be adapted for even very young children to do.
What you'll need:
How to make your Peek-a-BOO Ghost Craft:
- Paper or styrofoam cup
- Ghost template
- Black tissue paper
- Glue stick
- White construction paper
- Halloween stickers
- Popsicle stick
- Use the scissors to cut a slit big enough for the popsicle stick in the center of the bottom of the cup **Adults only**
- Cut the black tissue paper into strips that are managable for your child.
- Glue the tissue paper onto the cup. It works best to have your child coat one section of the cup at a time with the glue and then to go back and glue the loose ends down later. We have tried many materials to cover a cup (paper sounds easy but it just never works right and leads to frustrated kids...and parents!) and tissue paper is by far the most child-friendly material we've found.
- Print our ghost template and cut the ghost out. Use crayons to draw a face on the ghost and to decorate if your child wants.
- Glue the ghost to one end of the popsicle stick.
- Decorate your cup with Halloween stickers.
- Insert the popsicle stick into the slit cut in the cup (the ghost goes into the cup) and then show your child how he pops out and says "boo"!
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at