Tissue Paper Pumpkin Craft
We are huge fans of tissue paper sun catcher crafts. They are easy enough for even younger children to do, require no glue, and look fantastic when they are finished every time. This tissue paper pumpkin craft is no exception and it makes a perfect Halloween decoration as well. Adding a construction paper face to this cute Halloween craft makes it even more fun for kids to do and our templates make it that much easier.
What you'll need:
How to make your Tissue Paper Pumpkin:
- Black construction paper
- Pumpkin Template
- Contact paper
- Orange tissue paper
- Print out our pumpkin template and cut the pumpkin out. Trace it onto black construction paper.
- Cut the pumpkin out, then cut the middle of the pumpkin out and discard it. You will be left with a thin outline (1/4-1/2 inch) of a pumpkin.
- Cut a square of contact paper that is slightly bigger than the pumpkin. Peel the backing paper off of the contact paper and stick your pumpkin outline onto it.
- Cut shapes to be the jack-o-lanternís face out of black construction paper. To make it easier you could use the template from our pick-a-face pumpkin craft.
- Stick your face pieces inside the pumpkin outline.
- Cut tissue paper into 1 inch squares.
- Stick the tissue paper onto the pumpkin making sure to overlap the pieces.
- When the inside of the pumpkin is covered with tissue paper, cut a second piece of contact paper and stick it to the back of the pumpkin (covering your tissue paper). This step just makes the craft a bit neater, but you could skip it if you like.
- Trim the excess tissue paper and contact paper from the outside of the pumpkin
and hang your jack-o-lantern in a window.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at