Dragonflies come in such amazing colors and have such sparkly wings that they make a perfect pond craft or insect craft for kids to make. We took advantage of a sale on sparkly scrapbook paper at our local craft store to make our dragonfly craft and are thrilled with how they turned out. This is a simple cut-and-paste type craft, and using our provided template makes it that much easier to set up.
What you'll need:
How to make your dragonfly craft:
- Dragonfly Template
- Sparkly paper (ours is from the scrapbook section at the local craft store – the possibilities are endless)
- Craft foam (we found precut craft foam that looks like popsicle sticks, but you could easily cut out your own with the template)
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaner (metallic if you can find it)
- Print our dragonfly template and cut it out.
- Trace the wing template onto the back of the sparkly paper and cut them out.
- Trace the body template onto the craft foam and cut it out.
- Glue the wings to the body pieces.
- Cut the pipe cleaner to an appropriate length and tape it to the back of the body (near the top).
- Glue on the googly eyes and use the marker to draw on a smile.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at