Paper Plate Snowman Craft
Our paper plate snowman craft is a great winter craft for kids to do on a cold,
snowy afternoon because it uses materials that you most likely already have on
hand. Paper plates, construction paper, and glue make up the majority of
the craft with a few extras to make it fun for your children like buttons and
felt. This is a bigger finished project and looks great hanging on the
front door as a homemade winter decoration.
What you'll need:
How to make your Paper Plate Snowman Craft
- 1 large paper plate
- 1 small paper plate
- 3 medium buttons
- 5 small buttons
- 2 googly eyes
- Orange, black and green construction paper
- 2 brown pipe cleaners
- Red felt
- Tape the small paper plate onto the large paper plate to create the
- Cut a hat out of black construction paper and glue it to the top of
the small circle.
- Cut a green strip out of construction paper and glue it on the hat.
- Cut a longer green strip out of construction paper and glue it over
the junction of the large and small paper plates as the snowman's scarf.
- Tape the pipe cleaners on either side of the large paper plate (tape
on the back side).
- Cut two gloves out of red felt and tape/glue them onto the ends of
the pipe cleaners.
- Glue two googly eyes onto the small plate.
- Cut a triangle out of orange construction paper and glue under the
eyes as a nose.
- Glue the 5 small buttons under the nose in a smile.
- Glue the 3 medium buttons in a row on the large plate.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at