Cinnamon Apple Wreath Craft
The smell of cinnamon in the air is a sign that it is fall - and a delicious sign at that! We decided to do a fall wreath that combined apples and cinnamon in a child friendly manner and we're thrilled with how this autumn craft turned out. This cinnamon apple wreath is a fantastic preschool craft for fall. Kids love gluing the craft foam apples to the paper plate ring. The finishing touch is a cinnamon stick tied in the center. It's a great sensory item for kids to learn about as well. The best part of this wreath is when you hang it on your door in the sun and come home from a long day of work, you are greeted with an adorable fall craft and the strong smell of cinnamon in the air!
What you'll need:
How to make your Cinnamon Apple Wreath Craft:
- Paper plate
- Red, green (we used two different shades of green), yellow, and brown craft foam
- White glue
- Printable apple template
- Cinnamon stick
- Green crayon
- Cut the center out of a paper plate and discard it. You only need the outside rim of the plate for this craft. Color the paper plate ring green.
- Poke a hole in the paper plate ring. Tie one piece of yarn to it in a loop. This will be where you hang the craft from.
- Tie another piece of yarn through the hole and tie the cinnamon stick to one end of it so that it hangs in the center of the wreath. (See picture)
- Print our apple template and cut out the apple. Trace it onto the red, green, and yellow craft foam. We used two green, three yellow and four red apples.
- Trace the stem onto brown craft foam and cut out. You will need 9 stems.
- Trace the leaf onto green craft foam and cut out. You will need 9 leaves.
- Spread an even layer of white glue around the paper plate ring. Stick your apples onto the ring. Then glue an stem and leaf onto each apple.
- Hang up and enjoy!
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at