What you'll need:
How to make your Abandoned Treasure Adventure Board Game:
- 1 piece each of red, orange, yellow, green, light green, blue, and purple cardstock (8 ˝ inches by 11 inches)
- Masking tape
- Tacky glue
- Large Ziploc bag
- 4 game pieces
- Take the light green piece of cardstock and place it on top of the yellow piece of cardstock. Tape the two pieces together. Open up the two pieces of paper and place the orange piece of cardstock on top of the yellow piece of cardstock. Tape these two pieces together with masking tape and open it up. Finally, place the blue piece of cardstock on top of the orange cardstock and tape the two together using the masking tape. Open it up. You should now have one long, connected piece of paper with the following colors in this order: light green, yellow, orange, and blue. (see photos)
- Take the purple cardstock and the scissors and cut the paper into ten strips. Cut these ten strips into ten squares each so that you have a total of 100 squares of purple cardstock. (see photos)
- Using glue, adhere the purple squares in a path along the game board. There should be about 25 squares on each piece of colored cardstock. Make sure to leave room on the blue piece of cardstock for Treasure Island. (see photos)
- Take the dark green piece of cardstock and your scissors and cut out a small island. With a marker, label the island “Treasure Island”. Glue this to the end of your purple-square path. (see photos)
- Using your markers, label the first purple square “Start”. On the light green piece of paper, label it “Enchanted Forest”. Also, write the title of the game “Abandoned Treasure Adventure Game”. Finally, select two purple squares on the light green piece of cardstock and draw poison berries on them. Make sure that the squares are not next to each other! (see photos)
- On the yellow piece of paper, label it “Dangerous Desert”. Select two purple squares on the yellow piece of cardstock and draw poisonous snakes. Make sure that the squares are not next to each other! Finally, using the ruler and a marker, draw a square and label it “Abandoned Treasure Card Pile”. (see photos)
- On the orange piece of paper, label it “Spewing Lava Pit”. Select two purple squares on the orange piece of cardstock and draw balls of fire. Make sure that the squares are not next to each other! (see photos)
- On the blue piece of paper, label it “Endless Ocean”. Select two purple squares on the blue piece of cardstock and draw sharks or piranhas. Make sure that the squares are not next to each other! (see photos)
- Take the red cardstock and your scissors and cut the red cardstock into four strips. Cut each of the strips into four pieces so that you have a total of 16 red cards. Using your markers, draw treasures on each of the cards. (see photos)
- Gather four small game piece objects, which can be anything from buttons to beads to small toys. (see photos)
- To play, read the rules and find 1-3 friends to play with! Store the game and pieces in a large Ziploc bag.
Race through the Enchanting Forest, Dangerous Desert, Spewing Lava Pit, and Endless Ocean gathering treasure, to reach the abandoned Treasure Island full of treasure and safety!
Objective: Be the first player to reach Treasure Island after collecting one treasure from each of the four environments.
- To begin, place red Abandoned Treasure cards in a pile facedown. Place the game pieces on start.
- Decide who will go first. Have the first player roll the dice and move the number of spaces indicated. For example, if you roll a five, you would advance five purple squares.
a. If you roll a three, take a second turn.
b. If you roll a five, pick up a red Abandoned Treasure card. You only need to collect on from each of the four environments so once you collect one, do not keep collecting more cards until you reach the next environment.
- Continue taking turns roll the die and advancing the number of spaces indicated. If you reach the end of the purple path in the Enchanted Forest and do not have a red Abandoned Treasure card, you cannot advance. You have to stay on that space until you roll a five and pick up a red Abandoned Treasure card. Once you have a red Abandoned Treasure card you can advance to the Dangerous Desert. Similarly, to advance to the Spewing Lava Pit and the Endless Ocean, you must acquire a red Abandoned Treasure card.
- While playing, if you land on a purple space with poison berries, poisonous snakes, balls of fire, sharks, or piranhas on it, you must go back three spaces. Your turn is immediately over and you cannot have a second turn or pick up a red Abandoned Treasure card until your next turn.
- Once you are in the Endless Ocean and have four red Abandoned Treasure cards, continue rolling the die and advancing toward Treasure Island. Once you get there (you must roll the exact number of spaces!), you win!
- Let the adventure begin!
Please add a comment