A Tisket, A Tasket Nursery Rhyme Craft
Teach children a new nursery rhyme with the A Tisket, A Tasket Nursery Rhyme Craft. Craft your own basket from a stapler, paper plates, crayons, and colored cardstock. Once complete, fill the basket with whatever you desire, attach the provided lyrics, and start singing. For added fun, download Ella Fitzgerald’s version of this popular song!
What you'll need:
How to make your A Tisket, A Tasket Nursery Rhyme Craft
- Using scissors, carefully cut out half of the center of one of the plates. This will leave you with a handle on your basket. Cut the other paper plate in half. Line the two paper plates up and staple them together. (see photos)
- Using crayons, decorate the basket. You may wish to color it yellow and green to accompany the nursery rhyme or simply make your own design. (see photos)
- Cut out fun shapes, food, toys, or scraps of fabric to fill your basket. Decorate with crayons, if desired, and glue to the inside of the basket. (see photos)
- If desired, print out the A Tisket, A Tasket Lyrics and glue to the front of the basket. Allow the glue to dry. (see photos)
- Your basket is complete! Skip around the house singing the nursery rhyme and swinging your newly-made basket!
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at