Follow our simple instructions to make this binoculars craft. Kids will enjoy making these binoculars out of a couple toilet paper rolls and some other basic supplies and then being able to play with them. Our daughter carried them around for a full day pretending to use them to look at all kinds of things.
What you'll need:
How to make your Binoculars Craft
- 2 toilet paper rolls
- Construction paper
- Scotch tape
- Stickers, crayons, etc.
- **Optional - string
- Cut a piece of construction paper so that it will wrap completely around one of the toilet paper rolls. Tape the construction paper in place and then repeat this process with the other roll.
- Roll a piece of scotch tape into a donut and stick the two toilet paper rolls together.
- Cut a piece of construction paper that is long enough to wrap around the two toilet paper rolls. This piece is what will actually hold them together. Tightly wrap the piece of construction paper around rolls and tape the ends together. Add a few more tape donuts underneath this piece to have it stick even better.
- Use stickers or crayons to decorate the binoculars.
- **Optional: have an adult use the scissors to poke a hole on either side of the finished binoculars (make the holes down towards one end). Thread and knot the string through the holes to create a "strap" for the binoculars. This step should only be taken for older children. Please do not use this step if this craft is intended to be played with by a younger child.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at