Fingerprint Rainy Day Craft
We have had so much rain this spring that this fingerprint rainy day craft seemed to be the perfect fit. This spring craft for kids is simple to do and our 3 year old daughter absolutely loved making it. She enjoyed making all the parts to this craft, from coloring the umbrella, to turning the clouds gray, to using her little fingerprints to make it rain. This rain craft is a great tactile craft that is simple enough for even young children to make.
What you'll need:
How to make your Fingerprint Rainy Day Craft:
- Construction paper
- Cotton balls
- Blue washable ink pad
- Umbrella Template
- Gray paint
- Crayons or markers
- Print our template. Have your child color their umbrella however they would like! When they are finished coloring, cut the umbrella out.
- Glue the umbrella in the center of a piece of construction paper.
- Glue a line of cotton balls across the top of the paper to look like clouds.
- Since itís a rainy day, you need to turn the clouds a bit gray. Dip an extra cotton ball into some gray paint and dab it on top of the cotton balls that are glued down. You donít need to coat them completely Ė just a little bit of gray works fine.
- Have your child press their fingers onto the ink pad and then press their fingers onto the construction paper to make rain drops. Encourage them to make as many rain drops as they would like!
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at