Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft
When finished, this tissue paper rainbow craft makes a fantastic, child-friendly stained glass-like decoration for your home. We found this "stained glass" technique trying to create crafts to do with our young daughter, but this rainbow ends up pretty enough for even an older child to do. We've included a template to make this craft even easier to put together. This colorful kids craft is the perfect decoration for your home, addition to a lesson on colors (ROY.G.BIV) or rain, or a fun way to welcome in the spring season. Enjoy!
What you'll need:
How to make your Tissue Paper Rainbow:
- Rainbow template
- Black light-weight cardboard
- Contact paper
- Tissue paper: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, white, silver
- Print out our Rainbow Template. Cut out the template and trace it onto black light-weight cardboard or poster board.
- Cut out the rainbow. Then cut out the middle of the template, leaving a thin (1/4-1/2") rim of black paper around the outside. Make sure to leave a line of black paper separating the rainbow from the clouds. **This is pretty challenging scissor work and should be left to an adult unless the child is old enough to attempt this.
- Peel the paper backing off of a piece of contact paper and stick your outline to it. Cut the excess contact paper off.
- Cut strips of the different colored tissue paper that are 1" wide. Then cut the strips into 1" squares.
- Place the squares of tissue paper onto the contact paper so that they overlap. We did our rainbow in "lines" of color, but our daughter was much more interested in mixing the colors. Either way turns out great!
- Hang on the window and enjoy!
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at