4th of July picnics always seem to happen on the hottest day of the year here, so this time we made our own patriotic fans to take with us! Made from a paper plate and a popsicle stick, all you need to do is to paint on some red, white and blue and maybe add a little holiday confetti to the plate to make this simple 4th of July craft for kids. This is an easy craft and very well suited for both older and younger children.
What you'll need:
How to make your Red White and Blue Fan Craft:
- Small paper plate
- Popsicle stick
- Red, white and blue paint
- Paint brush
- Optional: Glue stick and 4th of July confetti (available at craft or party stores)
- Tape a popsicle stick to the front (food side) of the paper plate.
- Paint the back (non-food) side of the paper plate red, white and blue. We did some stripes, but use your imagination!
- Use some glue to stick on the confetti. An alternative to the glue stick would be to slightly water down some white glue with water and then paint over your dried plate. This would actually help seal your plate a bit as well as sticking the confetti on.