This robot costume craft is a fantastic kids craft that works well with kids of all ages. Use a simple cardboard base and transform it into your child's very own robot control board that they can wear and play pretend in. Our preschool daughter loved this cute robot craft and personalized it with some of her favorite things - clocks and stickers! This craft would also be a great activity for kids at a robot themed party! The possibilities with this craft are endless, so get out the paint and let your child be creative!
What you'll need:
How to make your robot costume:
- Tape (painters tape or duct tape)
- Silver paint for the back
- Paint (variety of colors for accessories)
- Wooden circles (available in any craft store)
- Metal washers and stickers (both optional)
- NOTE: Please make sure any items used for personalizing your robot costume are appropriate for your child's age (and for younger children in the home in case any pieces become unattached while playing with the craft - think cheerios instead of metal washers!)
- Cut a large cardboard piece to an appropriate size for your child to wear.
- Paint the cardboard silver and set it aside to dry.
- Cut out additional pieces of cardboard to use as gauges, clocks, bars, etc. Paint them however you would like! Once dry, add stickers.
- Paint any wooden pieces or accessories you are using.
- Use the tape and wrap the edges of the silver cardboard base. This is decorative, but more importantly prevents any cardboard paper cuts!
- *Adults* use scissors to poke a hole in the top corners of the cardboard base. Thread a piece of string through each hole and tie to secure.
- Glue all of your accessory pieces to the silver cardboard piece.