Kids will love dipping their hands in stamp pads to make this adorable American flag, while parents will cherish the small fingerprints forever. Through this craft, children will learn to identify some of the characteristics of the American Flag, including the colors of the flag and the placement of the stripes and stars. Send this patriotic card to a neighbor or loved one to brighten their Fourth of July, or use it as a simple centerpiece for your picnic table.
What you'll need:
How to make your Patriotic Fingerprint Flag Card:
- red stamp pad
- blue stamp pad
- white card stock
- envelope (optional)
- black marker
- Using the red stamp pad, press your index finger into the stamp pad. Place your fingerprint sideways, along the bottom of the card. Repeat along the entire bottom of the card to form a red stripe. (see photo)
- Skip a 1/2 inch, and create another red stripe across the width of the card. Move your finger up another 1/2 inch and create a third red stripe across the card. (see photo)
- Continue forming red stripes 1/2 inch apart, but indent 1/3 of the page, to leave room for the blue portion of the flag. Create two of these red, shorter stripes.
- Using the wipes, clean red ink off your index finger. Place the top on the red stamp pad so that it does not dry out.
- Once your finger is clean, place your index finger in the blue stamp pad. In the blank white space left, create a box outline with the blue ink on your finger. Then, randomly stamp spots with the blue ink, leaving enough white spaces as stars on the flag. (see photo)
- Once the blue portion is completed, wipe the blue ink off your finger and return the top to the blue stamp pad.
- Finally, take the black marker, and on the inside of the card, write "Happy Fourth of July!"
- Write a brief note and leave the card in a neighbor's mailbox or mail to a friend!