This letter U unicorn craft is an easy activity to make when teaching your child the long sound of u. Since long and short sounds of vowels can be confusing, sometimes it is easier to show your child pictures of both to give them the visual. Have your child repeat the long sound of u as they make their unicorn.
What you'll need:
How to make your letter U unicorn craft:
- Print out the letter U template and trace to construction paper. Cut out and set aside.
- Print out the unicorn head and tail and cut out.
- Using markers, color the head and tail.
- Glue the letter U to construction paper, then glue the unicorn head and tail around the U. (see picture)
- Use gem stickers to make the horn on top of the unicorn's head.