Did you think handwritten notes were a thing of the past? Think again! The Fancy Fabric Monogram Card will inspire the writer in your child. Bring out the creative side of your youngster, as he or she creates a beautiful card for a special someone. Once complete, children can write a fun note or create a simple gift to accompany this card. Your child can even create several of these cards to give someone as a gift. You never know� you may even be the recipient of this delightful craft, including your child's sweet, written words, creating a unique gift, treasured for years to come!
What you'll need:
How to make your Monogram Letter Card Craft:
- Small pieces of colorful patterned fabric (4 inches x 4 inches)
- Pencil or pen
- Tacky glue
- Envelope (optional)
- Crayons or markers
- Place your fabric on a flat surface, pattern side down. Using a pencil or pen, draw a bubble letter outline of the letter you have selected. You may wish to do the first letter of your first name or the first letter of your last name. For example, if your name is Caroline, you would do the letter "C." (see photos)
- With adult supervision, cut the outline of the letter out. (see photos)
- Take the cardstock, and fold it in half to create a card. (see photos)
- Using tacky glue, place a thin line of glue along the back of the fabric. Place the letter on your folded piece of cardstock. You may wish to place the letter in the corner, in the center, or even on the inside of the card to surprise the recipient. (see photos)
- If desired, cut additional letters from fabric to create a collage or even cut other letters to form a word. Glue these letters down as well and allow glue to dry. (see photos)
- Once the glue is dry, decorate your card with crayons or markers. Choose who you will give your card to and write a message inside. (see photos)
- Your card is ready to send. Hand-deliver it or mail it to someone far away!