After making a variety of fun different species of birds, we decided that we needed just a simple bird craft for kids. Adding some colorful feathers and movable wings to this cute bird template makes a fantastic bird craft for kids and turns out well every time. Even young children will enjoy making this nature craft and playing with the floating feathers. Enjoy!
What you'll need:
How to make your Bird Craft:
- Bird template
- Construction paper
- Feathers (found in all craft stores)
- Small brad fasteners
- Googly eye
- Print our template and cut out the pieces. Trace the pieces onto construction paper and cut them out.
- Have your child glue a few feathers to each of the wings and to the tail.
- Have your child glue on the googly eyes, beak and feet.
- Use a brad fastener to attach the wings to the bird's body. You want to line up the feathers so that the brad goes through both of them at one time, with one feather on the front of the body and the other on the back. This way the wings will be able to flap.