Do you need a simple craft for your kids to do that turns out beautifully
every time? Try our tissue paper fish craft! This craft is easy
enough for a toddler to do - we know because our toddler (she's almost two)
helped us make the fish in the picture below! She really loved sticking
the little pieces of tissue paper to the contact paper and was very proud when
we got to hang it on the window together. We hope you and your kids have
as much fun making this craft as we did!
What you'll need:
How to make your Stained Glass Fish Craft:
- Black construction paper
- Clear contact paper
- Tissue paper in a variety of colors
- Fish Template
- White crayon
- Print out our fish template. Cut the fish out and trace onto
black construction paper with a white crayon. Cut the fish out of
the black construction paper.
- Cut out the middle of the fish leaving approximately 1/2" of the
outside intact. Discard the center you just cut out.
- Peel the backing paper off of the contact paper and stick your fish
outline onto it (see picture of step 3). Cut the excess contact
- Cut a small circle out of black construction paper and stick it on
the contact paper for the eye.
- Cut a small curved shape out of black construction paper and stick
it on the contact paper for a smile.
- Cut tissue paper into 1 inch squares. Make sure to use a few
- Stick the tissue paper onto the fish making sure to overlap the
- Trim off any tissue paper that hangs over the black outline of the
- Hang up on a sunny window.
Finished craft on the window!
Picture above goes with bullet #3