Using pasta, children create a life cycle of a butterfly chart. Glue illustrations of the 4 stages of a butterfly on the left side of a paper and then the corresponding pasta pieces directly next to them. It's a cute activity that really gives the children an understanding of how a caterpillar changes into a butterfly.
What you'll need:
How to make your buttefly life cycle craft:
- Yellow construction paper, cut in half
- Green construction paper
- Scrap of brown paper for twig
- Glue, scissors and marker
- Copy of illustrations
- 4 types of Pasta-farfalle (butterflies), rotini (twists), Conchiglie(shells) and orzo
- Write Life Cycle of a Butterfly on top of yellow construction paper.
- Cut illustrations so you have four separate ones.
- On left side of paper, glue pictures in this order from top to bottom-egg, caterpillar, cocoon, and butterfly.
- Have child match correct pasta to each picture and glue on right side of paper. (Egg-orzo, caterpillar-rotini, cocoon-conchiglie, butterfly-farfalle)
- Under first two pasta pieces, you may add a green leaf so it looks like illustration next to it. You may also add a strip of brown paper for the third piece to look like a twig.