We love shape crafts in our house. Our daughter loves playing with the various shapes and fitting them all together to create something new. This penguin craft uses primarily ovals, which is one of the lesser focused on shapes typically. Add in a few triangles and you have a cute winter craft for you kids to do. This is also a paper craft, so it’s a simple craft to throw together on a chilly winter afternoon.
What you'll need:
How to make your Oval Penguin Craft
- Print our penguin template and print the pieces out. Trace the largest and smallest ovals onto black construction paper. They will be the body and the wings of the penguin. Trace the medium oval onto white paper (it will be the belly). Trace the triangles onto orange construction paper (beak and feet).
- Cut out all of the pieces.
- Glue the white belly onto the biggest black oval.
- Glue two googly eyes to the top of the body and glue an orange triangle underneath the eyes to be a beak.
- Glue a wing onto each side of the body.
- Glue the two remaining triangles onto the bottom of the body to be the penguin’s feet.