Kids will enjoy making this boat craft and then playing with it. All you need are some basic craft supplies that you probably have around the house and a little creativity for decorating it. This boat craft isn't really designed for playing with in water over the long haul, so if your kids do play with it in water, it won't last too long, but it will still be fun!
What you'll need:
How to make your Boat Craft:
- Small milk or juice container
- Popsicle stick
- Paint brush
- Tape (we used colored electrical tape)
- Construction paper or lightweight cardboard
- Cut one side off of the carton. Paint the entire carton whatever color you would like. Make sure to do the inside too!
- While the carton is drying, cut a triangle flag out of the cardboard or paper. Paint the flag and the popsicle stick the same color.
- When the flag is dry, use markers and stickers to decorate the flag.
- Once everything is dry, glue or tape the flag to the popsicle stick. Then tape the popsicle stick to the side of the boat.
- Use the markers and stickers to decorate the rest of the boat.