This cute Valentine's Day candy holder craft is a great way to deliver candy or homemade treats to your favorite person on Valentine's Day. This Valentine's Day craft is made by wrapping and empty container and then decorating with craft foam, stickers or glitter. I admit that I typically don't enjoy crafts that call for wrapping items - it never looks quite right. But for this craft I stumbled across a bucket of party supplies that had some left over streamers in it and surprisingly streamers are the perfect wrapping material! This Valentine's Day candy holder is a great preschool Valentine's Day craft and makes a great homemade gift as well.
What you'll need:
How to make your Valentine's Day Candy Holder Craft
- Empty container (*Note: we used an the bottom half of an empty oatmeal container, but an empty butter spread container or something similar would work as well.)
- Pink streamers
- White glue
- Craft foam hearts (we used pre-cut)
- Glitter or glitter glue
- Yarn or ribbon
- Tissue paper
- Poke a hole on either side of the container (2 total). These holes are for the yarn to go through to make a handle. Pre-poking the holes now causes much less ripping of the streamers later.
- Wrap the container with the pink streamer and glue into place. If you are working with younger children or those with shorter attention spans you could always tape the streamers in place to speed up the process.
- Poke holes in the streamers over the holes that you made in the actual container and thread the yarn into the holes. Tie the ends in knots so that they can't slip through the holes. This will create your handle.
- Decorate the container with craft foam hearts, glitter, stickers or markers. Use your imagination!
- Once everything is dry, line the inside of the container with tissue paper and fill it with candy or homemade treats.