We came up with this jellyfish craft after a trip to our local aquarium. The jellyfish displays were lit up and beautiful and our daughter was hooked. This kids jellyfish craft is made to either hang from the ceiling or to be carried around by your favorite animal loving child! This ocean animal craft is simple to make and uses common house hold materials. Use different colors of tissue paper or different lengths of streamers for tentacles to add extra interest to this fun jellyfish craft.
What you'll need:
How to make your kids jellyfish craft:
- 2 small paper plates
- Blue tissue paper
- Small piece of yarn or string
- Scotch tape
- Wrap the blue tissue paper around each of the paper plates (so you have two fully wrapped plates when finished).
- Use your scissors to poke the center of one of the plates. Turn that plate upside down (so that the side you would typically eat on is face down).
- Thread a piece of string through the hole in the plate and tape it to the underside of the plate to secure it.
- Cut 8-10 strips of blue tissue paper that are approximately 6 inches long. Use tape to secure these strips along the rim of the plate that doesn't have the string in it.
- Use glue or tape (rolled into donuts) to secure the two plates together.