This kids starfish craft is so delightfully simple and so fun to do, that it is the perfect toddler craft. Our 2 year old daughter couldn't get enough of this ocean animal craft, and we ended up making a whole family of them. This starfish craft is a fantastic way to introduce a new texture to your children, while allowing them to make a controlled mess! The end result is an ocean craft that actually feels like a real starfish. This is one we have made again and again so we hope that your children love it as much as our little girl did!
What you'll need:
How to make your kids starfish craft:
- Heavy construction paper or light cardboard
- Disposable paint brush (can use your finger instead)
- Pastina pasta (small, star-shaped pasta)
- Starfish Template
- Print out our Starfish template. Cut the template out, trace onto your heavier paper or cardboard and cut out your starfish.
- Cover the starfish in glue.
- Sprinkle with pastina, pressing down slightly to make sure that the surface is covered. **Tip: place the starfish onto a jellyroll pan or a baking dish with sides before allowing your children to sprinkle on the pasta. This helps contain the unused pasta and keeps your house cleaner!